Fire Safety (Master)
|University||Danmark Tekniske Universitet|
|Study time||4 Semester|
|Website||Master of Fire Safety|
The objective of the education is to give the candidates a wide range of competences to be used in activities within fire technical project design and consulting in engineering companies, fire technical building project handling at the public authorities, fire technical product development at building material manufacturers, fire insurance at insurance companies, fire technical testing, fire inspection and for positions as authorised fire inspectors, fire chiefs and emergency management chiefs.
- Quality: By aiming at an appropriate standard within building technics and fire technics.
- Topicality: By attending courses, which represents the newest development within safety philosophy, fire development, construction dimensioning, evacuation and demonstration/testing of function based fire demands.
If all modules are attended, the duration of the education is typically 4 half years (semesters), where the workload corresponds to half time. The courses are to a great extent taught as remote learning via the Internet containing 3 meetings with duration of 1½-2 days. The typical availability is 3 courses per semester.
All courses are 5 ETCS
- 11E16 Admission course in mathematics and physics
- 11B01 Structural Fire Safety
- 11B04 Fire Safety in Buildings (Currently helt in danish)
- 11B25 Fire Dynamics
- 11B11 Environmental chemistry
- 11B12 Fire Modeling
- 11B24 Fire Chemistry
- 11B05 Fire Risk
- 11B13 Performancedbased Fire Safety Design
- 11B26 Fire Modeling 2 (CFD) (optional) or
- 11B27 Complex buildings (optional)
- 11B17 Fire Safety project