Integrated Safety and Security Management
(Master of Science)
|University||University of Applied Sciences Bremerhaven|
|Study||Integrated Safety and Security Management|
|Degree||Master of Science|
|Study time||4 Semester|
|Costs||260,- Euros per semester (as of 06/2013), including free public transport in the region (rail, tram and bus to Hamburg, Hanover, Osnabrueck and the northern German-Dutch border;look here|
|Website||Master Integrated Safety and Security Management|
Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciences
- is located in the port city of Bremerhaven with some 118.000 inhabitants; the city is located 60 km / 38 mi north of Bremen and 90 km / 55 mi west of Hamburg. Ships, ports, locks and levees give Bremerhaven its special character.
Within this master course “Integrated Safety and Security Management”
- the students do not only deal with the internal safety of companies (safety of processes and plants, safe handling of harmful substances, etc.), but also with security-related issues, i.e. interference by external (malevolent) actors.
- the students learn to design, organise and develop necessary safety and security systems in order to adjust them to a constantly changing environment, as well as to deploy them in case of emergency.
- the curriculum includes five core modules regarding safety and security, which span the first three semesters, covering aspects of ”Identification of Risks and Dangers”, ”Safety Management”, ”Security Management”, ”Risk Analysis” and ”Risk Reduction”.
- the curriculum requires elective modules in the field of ”Law and International Security Structures”, ”Management in Critical Situations”, ”Public Relations / Risk Communication” and “Logistics”.
- the contact to the business and employment market is established for the future graduates, for example, through cooperation with the “Institute for Safety and Security Studies” ( ISaSS) and comprehensive case studies in cooperation with commercial enterprises and civilian authorities.
After completing the ISSM master course,
- the graduates are granted with the degree of “Master of Science”,
- industry and trade as well as government services are looking for the graduates as safety and security experts.
Study profil, content
- five core modules regarding safety and security,: ”Identification of Risks and Dangers”, ”Safety Management”, ”Security Management”, ”Risk Analysis” and ”Risk Reduction”.
- elective modules: ”Law and International Security Structures”, ”Management in Critical Situations”, ”Public Relations / Risk Communication” and “Logistics” (flexible)
Deputy Course Director ISSM
Commander (senior grade, German Navy)
+49/471/4823-331 (office) +49/163/4612515 (mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org